Holiday Cocktails for the Family: The Red Nose
From a Bourbon old fashioned to boozy hot chocolate – Wigle’s Strip District Whiskey Distillery is serving holiday cookie flights perfectly paired with sweet dessert cocktails. The snow is falling outside and the shops are packed with people… it’s time to unwind with some easy mixed drinks that will put the spirit back into your holiday season. Impress your family and friends and turn up the holiday cheer with Wigle’s small batch innovative spirits!
Start your night off with a spiked cherry bourbon shot. This whiskey cocktail recipe starts off with Wigle’s Pennsylvania Wapsie Valley Bourbon. Consistently one of our most popular and critically-acclaimed spirits, Pennsylvania Wapsie Valley Bourbon is the result of commitments made by local family farms to bring back an heirloom style of corn known as Wapsie Valley Corn. If you don’t have cherry blossom simple syrup on hand try adding a splash of cherry syrup for a simple alternative. Sweeten with half a teaspoon of almond extract for a quick and easy cocktail!
how to mix
- Add all ingredients to a shaking tin
- Add ice
- Shake for 8-12 seconds, or until the tin is freezing cold
- Double strain into a coupe glass
The Best Maple Old Fashioned: The Wool Boots
how to mix
- Add Northern Exposure, brown sugar simple syrup, coffee beans, mole, and pomander orange bitters to a mixing glass
- Add ice
- Stir for 12 to 15 seconds
- Single strain into double rocks glass
- Add one large ice cube
- Express orange over top, use for garnish
A Boozy Hot Chocolate Is Your New Best Friend: The Kickin’ Cocoa
There is no better sign of the holiday season than having a delicious, warm hot cocoa. There couldn’t possibly be a better way to enjoy such a sweet treat, right? Wrong! By adding Wigle’s seasonally crafted Rudolph whiskey into the mix we can turn classic hot chocolate into holiday cocktail sure to impress all of your friends. To Make Wigle Rudolph whiskey we aged our Straight American Whiskey, for two years in new charred-oak barrels, before placing it into casks previously used to age Great Lakes Brewing Co. Christmas Ale for another nearly two years. This secondary maturation period lends cinnamon, ginger, and honey notes to the spirit, which mingle perfectly with the vanilla and apple notes already prevalent in our easy-going American Whiskey. Simply warm up your favorite hot cocoa and add a splash of Rudolph whiskey to make this delicious cocktail.
how to mix
- Add cocoa powder and milk into a coffee mug
- Stir vigorously
- Heat, on high, for 2:30 – 3 minutes (pending on microwave wattage)
- add Rudolph whiskey and stir vigorously again
- Top with whipped cream
looking for more Wigle whiskey cocktails recipes?
- What Better way to Enjoy a Lindt Chocolate Bunny Than With This Sweet Alternative to an Espresso Martini!
- A Fresh Squeezed Take On The Classic Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- The Best Whiskey Eggnog Cocktail
- Simple Peach Cocktail Recipe You Can Make At Home!
- Wigle’s 3 Favorite Ways to Make an Old Fashioned Drink
- Tired of the Typical Fireball Cocktail? Spice Things Up with Wigle Cinnamon Whiskey Punch!
- Campfire Scotch Cocktail Recipe
- Rethink Your Manhattan Drink With This Locally Crafted Cocktail
- The Perfect Cinnamon Whiskey Hot Toddy