gin and rosewater are a perfect pair 🌹
When it’s summer alcoholic drinks made with gin are highly requested from Wigle bartenders. This fizzy gin highball drink is a best seller on the Wigle cocktail list and an easy cocktail to make at home! Similar to the fitzgerald cocktail, the Slow Rush subs in Barrel Rested Gin, lime juice and a Hibiscus flavored simple syrup to achieve a complex flavor profile. Hibiscus drink recipes add the coveted floral notes that classic cocktails, like the aviation cocktail, boast without adding additional spirits!
If you’re looking for a simple drink to make at home this summer and love a fizzy gin cocktail try making this cocktail yourself. By using either of Wigle’s robustly flavored gin you can impress your friends with complex flavors without having to spend hours searching for ingredients.
- 2 oz Wigle Barrel Rested Gin
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- 4 – 5 drops Rose Water
- 3 oz Seltzer
- Mint Sprig
- Fresh Edible Flower for Garnish (hibiscus or orchid)
how to mix
- To make hibiscus simple syrup, boil 1 cup water. Mix in 1 1/2 cup sugar and 0.75oz dehydrated hibiscus flowers. Stir to dissolve sugar and steep flowers in hot syrup for 20 minutes. Strain out flowers and chill before adding to cocktails.
- Add Barrel Rested Gin, Lime Juice, Hibiscus Syrup and Rose Water into a Collins Glass and stir. Add ice to fill the glass and top with seltzer. Stir again and garnish with mint and an edible flower.