Current Job Openings
Since 2011, Wigle Whiskey, Pittsburgh’s first distillery since Prohibition, has worked to restore Western Pennsylvania’s legacy as the Rye Whiskey epicenter of the country. Wigle is a community distillery which makes spirits from grain to bottle, using local, certified organic ingredients. The Distillery serves as a community educational space and a dedicated innovation space for spirits. Wigle promotes transparency in distillation, as we build our collective spirits palate and return terroir to whiskey.
Wigle is committed to maintaining a collaborative environment that supports the work and spirits of its very talented and eclectic crew members. While our staff has diverse backgrounds, all crew members share some common traits: Wigle team members are passionate about craft spirits, energetic, endlessly curious, kind, optimistic and full of grit.
In-Store and Offsite Events Team
We are looking for folks who have an unreasonable love of Wigle, craft spirits, and Pittsburgh to join our Wigle tasting team. Team members are responsible for conducting In – store tastings in a given territory (Allegheny County Region).
Successful team members will develop strong relationships with store managers and develop consumer awareness of Wigle and Wigle products. Candidates should be curious, smart and fun. And completely unafraid to engage perfect strangers in their love of local whiskey. Individual quirk is always welcome at Wigle.
This is a part time role, from 10-30 hours per month.
Wigle & Threadbare Design Assistant
The Wigle and Threadbare Design Assistant works with the Director of Design to accomplish the following tasks:
1. Prep labels for the bottling team with printed bottle numbers and batch information
2. Update, design, and print menus and price lists for tasting rooms
3. Upload new products to the website and Square POS System.
4. Do small amounts of website maintenance/testing on our WordPress sites
5. Design graphics for promotional use and tasting room signage
1. Experience using Adobe Illustrator and Indesign
2. Experience with web design, preferably in the WordPress environment
3. Must present design work samples and/or and online portfolio
This is a part time role. The weekly hour commitment is 10-15 hours/week.
An apprentice distiller is responsible for learning daily production including mashes, fermentations, distillations, dilutions, barreling, proofing and bottling of Wigle products. Apprentice distillers also manage daily record keeping of production activities as required by State, Federal and certifying organic agencies. An apprentice must be timely, dependable, hardworking, professional, and comfortable working in a manufacturing setting. Applicant must be able to lift up to 60 lbs, have a driver’s license and a clean driving record.
This is a full time position. Candidates must be able to work early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
- Run the day to day production of mash, ferment, distilling, and management of warehouse operations
- Meeting daily production quotas
- Operational Management
- Milling and Mashing grain
- Proofing spirits
- Preparing botanicals for gin
- Blending spirits
- Managing production volumes for tax purposes
- Inventory management, procurement and quality assurance including, but not limited to:
- Shrink Sleeves
- Cleaning supplies
- Tool & Equipment management and maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Low pressure steam boiler
- Computer Equipment
- Misc. pumps, hoses, adapters, etc.
- Preventative Maintenance Program
- Maintaining a clean production environment
- Maintenance & cleanliness of the distillery equipment
- Maintaining a clean office, lab, warehouse and restroom
- Creating, following and updating procedures including but not limited to:
- Tolerances on labeling machine/service procedure
- Acceptable guidelines for bottle notes contents
- Troubleshooting procedure for filling bottles
- New and reused bottle cleaning procedures
- Closure cleaning procedure
- General facilities cleaning procedure Production tank & still cleaning
- Production Reporting
- Shipments to customers, as needed
- Monthly Storage, Processing & Production reports for the TTB