The Wigle summer sour
A sleeper favorite among Wigle Staff, Barrel Rested Gin is everything you love about Gin + Rye Whiskey in one bottle! Its big botanical flavors play excellently with the typical citrus + frothy egg white-based Summer Sour cocktail.
- 2 oz Wigle Barrel Rested Gin
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 Lime Peel
- Egg White
- 1 Lemon Peel
- Lemon Round (Fresh or Dehydrated)
how to mix
- Add Barrel Rested Gin, Simple Syrup, Lemon Juice, Lime Peel and Egg White into a cocktail mixing tin.
- Dry Shake (no ice for 15 seconds.
- Add 5-6 ice cubes.
- Shake until well chilled (about 10-15 seconds)
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Twist Lemon Peel over the top of the drink to release the aromatic oils and discard.
- Garnish with fresh or dehydrated lemon Round.
*Hibiscus Simple Syrup: Steep 3-4 dehydrated hibiscus blossoms in 1 cup of boiling water. Dissolve 1 cup of sugar in the water and strain out the hibiscus blossoms before using.