Wigle Whiskey Sour Recipe
A very Wigle approach to a traditional whiskey sour, this springtime favorite offers a sweet lemon cocktail that is simple to make while still offering a complex mix of flavors. For those egg-adverse people out there (especially our vegan friends,) this is a whiskey sour recipe, no egg required! Egg whites are traditionally added to a whiskey sour to mellow out the tart flavor and add a smoother mouth feel to the drink. Here at Wigle Whiskey’s family owned distillery located in Pittsburgh’s colorful Strip District, we mix up a whiskey sour using fresh lemon juice and locally sourced honey! This combination of spirit, citrus, and sweetness is what gives a whiskey sour mix its instantly identifiable flavors. Using the traditional building blocks of a whiskey sour mix and incorporating fresh local Pittsburgh ingredients with our hand-crafted spirits boasts a unique, flavor filled whiskey cocktail!
The best part about this lemon cocktail is its versatility. If you couldn’t get your hands on our limited release batches of American Whiskey, simply swap out the Wigle Tax Relief Reserve with our Pennsylvania Straight Bourbon and you now have an even sweeter whiskey sour than before! Perfect for backyard imbibing. With a simple list of ingredients, it’s no wonder why this naturally sweet whiskey cocktail is a customer favorite.
how to mix
- Add Whiskey, honey and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker. Dry shake for 10 seconds until the honey is dissolved.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake for 10-15 seconds until the outside of the shaker is cold.
- Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
looking for more Wigle Whiskey cocktails recipes?
- Campfire Scotch Cocktail Recipe
- The Perfect Cinnamon Whiskey Hot Toddy
- A Fresh Squeezed Take On The Classic Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- What Better way to Enjoy a Lindt Chocolate Bunny Than With This Sweet Alternative to an Espresso Martini!
- The Best Whiskey Eggnog Cocktail
- Rethink Your Manhattan Drink With This Locally Crafted Cocktail
- Simple Peach Cocktail Recipe You Can Make At Home!
- The Smoked Bourbon S’more Cocktail Awaits!
- Wigle’s 3 Favorite Ways to Make an Old Fashioned Drink
- Tired of the Typical Fireball Cocktail? Spice Things Up with Wigle Cinnamon Whiskey Punch!